About Maydena Digs Cottage
The name “Digs” means lodgings and it is our vision to specialise in lodgings for mountain bikers and families. It is our aim to make your stay at Maydena Digs Cottage as comfortable and memorable as possible.
Maydena Digs Cottage accommodation is in the heart of Maydena Tasmania and just 300m from Maydena Bike Park entrance.
The address is 9 South Crescent, simply ride down the road and you are at the Bike Park front gate!
The recently renovated cottage is a light and spacious with two bedrooms that sleep up to 7 comfortably. A double and single bed in one bedroom and two bunks and a single in the second bedroom.
Enjoy the brand new kitchen and the wood-fired heater in the cottage. Open plan living offers a relaxed and comfortable space for socializing. Enjoy the deck and the BBQ after a day of riding. Magnificent views of the Mt Field National park and easy access to the beautiful Russell Falls.
Bike wash, tools and secure storage are provided.
Maydena Digs Cottage has all the facilities and homely comforts to make your stay a very comfortable one. Being so close to the Maydena Bike Park is a real bonus.
The Cottage has 2 bedrooms and sleeps up to 7 comfortably
- Bedroom 1: 1 Double bed base and 1 single top bunk
- Bedroom 2: 2 Double bunk (single top and bottom) and 1 single bed
- Bathroom with shower, vanity and continuous hot water supply
- Heated towel rail
- Heating lamp
- Separate toilet
- Linen and towels provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
- Complimentary pod coffee machine
- Logwood fire heater with plenty of fire starters and wood on site
- Large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Large deck and outdoor setting
- Laundry with washer, dryer, and iron
- Bike wash bay, storage, and repair shed
- Bike stand, tools, pump, degreaser, rags and brushes provided
Maydena Digs Cottage has a generous garden with great views
- Garden Fire pit and seating logs (under construction)
- On-site secure parking for up to 4 cars and trailers
- No WIFI
Maydena Bike Park and Shuttles
“STEP INTO THE WILDERNESS. TO THE SUMMIT OF A MOUNTAIN. CHOOSE YOUR LINE, AND LET GRAVITY GUIDE YOU.”
Need they say anymore! The Maydena Gravity focused Bike Park has adrenalin written all over it! Designed and built by renowned trail company, Dirt Art, the trails offer something for everyone from families to elite riders. 30km of gravity trails and 90km more on the way!
The Maydena Bike Park will offer; shuttle uplift service, sightseeing tours, bike hire, retail bike shop, café, bar, skills coaching and more. Check out the Maydena Bike Park website for opening times Summer and Winter and they have a very helpful FAQ’s section.
The Park offers various ticketing options including day tickets, multi-day tickets, and single run tickets. They offer a Maydena Collective Standard Membership.
1300 399 664
Maydena Digs Cottage offers cozy self-contained accommodation in Maydena Tasmania at reasonable rates. The cottage is located just 300m from the Maydena Bike park. Two bedrooms sleep 7 comfortably.
Enjoy the magnificent views of the mountains and the stunning nighttime array of stars.
Special Opening Rates:
Open Now – book now for Spring and Summer with special opening rates
- Please provide notice of cancellation or changes to your booking in writing via email to email@example.com
- Guests may cancel a booking up to 30 days prior to the booking free of charge.
- Guests will be charged 50% of the booking fee if cancellation is within 30 days of arrival.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 7 days in advance of arrival or a no-show. The reservation may be rescheduled to another equivalent period subject to availability. Guests are advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance to cater for any unforeseen circumstances.
Maydena Digs Cottage Rules
Please leave Maydena Digs Cottage in the same condition you found it.
- Maximum number of guests is ideally 7
- The number of guests occupying Maydena Digs Cottage must not exceed the number specified in the booking
- The person (guest) nominated on the booking form must occupy Maydena Digs Cottage
- Maydena Digs Cottage is not a party house. Please respect the neighbors.
- No Pets, sorry
- No undue noise and No drugs
- Absolutely no smoking, please
- Please don’t bring your bike shoes and bikes into the house
- Please wash and put away all kitchen utensils
- If you have used the BBQ please clean it and leave as you would expect to find it
The small riverside village of Maydena is the gateway to Tasmania’s World Heritage wilderness and an ideal stop for those on their way to remote Lake Peddar. Maydena sits by the Tyenna River, south-west of New Norfolk between Mount Field National Park and Lake Pedder. The village has a rich forestry heritage but is now better known for its close proximity to some of Tasmania’s most beautiful natural places including Mt Field National Park and Southwest National Park. With the establishment of the Maydena Bike Park, this area is soon to be known for world-class trails.
Mt Field National Park, before Maydena, is home to one of Tasmania’s most beautiful waterfalls – Russell Falls, a tiered–cascade waterfall just a short walk from the park’s visitor center and one of several waterfalls in the vicinity. Russel Falls is arguably Tasmania’s prettiest waterfall; it’s certainly Tasmania’s most photographed and one of the easiest to get to.
The 20-minute return walk to the falls is on a good track and boardwalk through a lovely rainforest.
Our Rail Stations: Maydena and National Park
The Railtrack Rider is the only tourism product of its type currently operating in Australia. This unique selling point is further enhanced by the setting in which the product operates.
Railtrack Riders provides visitors with exclusive access to a tract of the southern Tasmanian rainforest via a historic rail line, that provides access to industrial relics of this time, now all but reclaimed by the forest. Being pedal-powered, the Railtrack Riders allows visitors to travel at their own pace and fully experience the sights, sounds and smells of the rainforest.
Views will have you spellbound!
The Eagles Eyrie lookout, formerly a Forestry Tasmania tourism venture, will become the summit of the Maydena Bike Park. Eagles Eyrie is at the top of Abbott’s Peak, a mountain on the edge of Tasmania’s South-West World Heritage Wilderness area. Eyrie definition:- the nest of an eagle or other bird of prey, built in a high inaccessible place.1100 metres above sea level, perched at the top edge of Abbott’s Peak, yet lying in the ‘saddle’ is the Eagles Eyrie: a large glass and timber building, a restaurant, a function centre, with large viewing platforms, environmentally eco-friendly and built over the winter months to have the least effect on the environment. Stunning 360-degree views.
Head up for a coffee and take in the fresh clear air.
The Tyenna River between Westerway and Maydena in Tasmania’s south enjoys a reputation as one of the State’s premier trout fishing rivers. The Tyenna is regularly in the top 10 most popular river fisheries in the state and enjoys a high catch rate. It is renowned for its large head of fish, consistent flows, beautiful surroundings and challenging angling. The river also has a reputation as big fish water with several trophy fish taken each season. The trout population is dominated by browns with a sprinkling of rainbows and even the occasional Atlantic salmon.
Fancy abseiling down the Gordon Dam wall or rafting tours on the Picton, Derwent and Mersey Rivers? Aardvark Adventures offers all of these activities and stays at Maydena Digs Cottage in Maydena. They run group events, team-building programs, pre- and post-conference events and incentives.